God’s Generals 4 | Roberts Liardon
The Healing Evangelists… In his fourth God’s Generals volume, Roberts Liardon chronicles God’s great healing evangelists of the twentieth century. Journey with such paragons of faith as:
- Oral Roberts – One of the most influential Christian leaders in the twentieth century, Roberts had a healing ministry that spread from rural tent meetings to a world–class university, hospital, and medical school.
- Lester Sumrall – After being miraculously healed of tuberculosis as a boy, Sumrall dedicated the rest of his life to sharing the gospel and God’s healing power with audiences around the world, both in person and through television broadcasts.
- Charles and Frances Hunter – Often called the “Happy Hunters,” Charles and Frances were known around the world as two of the most anointed and enthusiastic evangelists on earth.
- George Jeffreys – This Welsh Pentecostal minister–along with his brother Stephen– ministered at camps, conventions, and church meetings across England and Ireland, with reports of miraculous healings and other acts of God accompanying them.
- F. F. Bosworth – A Depression-era Pentecostal faith healer and one of the founders of the Assemblies of God, Bosworth was known during the 1920s for his interdenominational “big tent” revivals and large auditorium healing meetings.
As you read about the lives of these ministry pioneers, your faith for signs and miracles will grow as you anticipate seeing God’s mighty hand move in the church today.