The Unseen Realm | Michael S. Heiser
Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible… In The Unseen Realm, Dr. Michael Heiser examines the ancient context of Scripture, explaining how its supernatural worldview can help us grow in our understanding of God. He illuminates intriguing and amazing passages of the Bible that have been hiding in plain sight. You’ll find yourself engaged in an enthusiastic pursuit of the truth, resulting in a new appreciation for God’s Word.
- Why wasn’t Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her?
- How did descendants of the Nephilim survive the flood?
- Why did Jacob fuse Yahweh and his Angel together in his prayer?
- Who are the assembly of divine beings that God presides over?
- In what way do those beings participate in God’s decisions?
- Why do Peter and Jude promote belief in imprisoned spirits?
- Why does Paul describe evil spirits in terms of geographical rulership?
- Who are the “glorious ones” that even angels dare not rebuke?
After reading this book, you may never read your Bible the same way again.
In both books by Dr. Michael S. Heiser, he shines a light on the supernatural world―not a new light, but rather the same light the original, ancient readers―and writers―of Scripture would have seen it in. After reading either of these books, you won’t be able to read the Bible in the same way again.
Supernatural: What the Bible Teaches about the Unseen World―and Why it Matters (available here) presents this approach to reading and understanding scripture for the person in the pew. The Unseen Realm covers the same material but at a deeper, complex, and highly documented way, for pastors, the seminarian, or serious students of the Bible.
There are no reviews yet.